… need to take a seat. Because pretty much everything CAFAB trans* people in general and trans* men in particular ever complain about is peanuts.
The thing about peanuts is that they are very real, but they are also very small. They…
Posts like this really, really piss me off.
They are silencing, alienating, and harmful. I lost my partner - a white trans* FAAB person - to hate violence. He was dragged out of a bar, raped, beaten, and left in the dirt to die. I’ve been flat on my back, more than once, with folks ready to do real damage - one time was a group of cis guys with a baseball bat - standing over me. Situations where I do not know how I walked away. Situations that should have killed me. I’ve been denied jobs - told outright because both times I know of were before there was even flimsy protection - because I’m trans*. I also was assaulted/battered at my law school on a weekly basis - books slapped out of my hands, doors slammed on me, pencils/pens/spitballs tossed at me - my first year before I could start to change the environment and get allies active.
It would be ridiculous to say trans* FAAB folks experience as much violence as MAAB folks or to ignore the specific impact on trans* folks of color. But we can say that without invalidating, ignoring, and silencing experiences.
There are plenty of trans* FAAB folks who have no idea what they are talking about. Who make a sideways glance the end of the world. But that doesn’t mean FAAB people don’t experience very, very real discrimination.
The fact that this individual describes having spitballs thrown at him and doors slammed in his face as serious acts of “battering/abuse” really underscores just how privileged CAFAB trans* people are. Exactly as I said, most of — not all, but most of — the oppression CAFAB trans* people face is peanuts: undeniably real and hurtful, but trivial compared to what CAMAB trans* people face.
The anger and outrage coming from CAFAB trans* people over this is blatant privilege-denying and transmisogyny, not to mention dishonest strawmanning of what I actually said.
- labhag likes this
- aetherstragic likes this
- aeronthequeerace reblogged this from waepenwifebunny
- waepenwifebunny reblogged this from unobject
- antelopewad likes this
- syntheticbaeddel likes this
- b8l likes this
- thentheysaidburnher likes this
- profaab reblogged this from pinebark and added:
- j0ltc0la reblogged this from ftmsopinions and added:
- mxnotmrdarcy reblogged this from impromptuonedykedanceparty
- mossflowers likes this
- anyday-happyday likes this
- transgenderstudentlife reblogged this from derinthemadscientist and added:
- distinguished-collies likes this
- derinthemadscientist reblogged this from freedominwickedness and added:
- misfitsinspace likes this
- allisongranted likes this
- cotino likes this
- daguerreos likes this
- shotgunheart reblogged this from transgenderstudentlife and added:
- portablemiah likes this
- onlyifittouches reblogged this from oliverhyde
- myragewillendworlds likes this
- icanholdmybreathforever reblogged this from babyshibe and added:
- wordsareforwanderers reblogged this from amostpeculiarman and added:
- maneatinglesbianwitch reblogged this from impromptuonedykedanceparty
- babyshibe reblogged this from profaab and added:
- abatado reblogged this from freedominwickedness and added:
- sapphiremulsion likes this
- autisticgarbage reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- tal9000 reblogged this from freedominwickedness and added:
- impromptuonedykedanceparty reblogged this from freedominwickedness and added:
- amostpeculiarman reblogged this from freedominwickedness and added:
- duffmansean likes this
- thatsnotrebellion reblogged this from ftmsopinions