Because I am really fucking sick of people getting all thrilled about how they’re such awesome allies for giving money to a group that doesn’t help us at all.
Feel free to add to the list- because I’ve barely scratched the surface here- or let me know if there are any on here that are secretly shitty.
Advocating for women and queer people across Africa.
Supporting queer women, especially those of colour.
Audre Lourde Project (US)
Supporting LGBT people of colour in New York.
Raising awareness of HIV/AIDS worldwide.
Broken Rainbow (UK)
For LGBT people suffering from domestic/relationship abuse.
Supporting LGB people in Northern Ireland.
Changing Attitude (UK)
Advocating for LGBT inclusion in the Anglican church, and supporting LGBT Christians.
Supporting victims of homo/transphobic hate crimes in the west of England.
Engages in service-based projects (food banks, neighborhood restoration projects etc) in anti-queer areas in order to encourage a positive image of LGBT people.
Supporting trans men worldwide.
London-based anti-hate crime organisation; also supports LGBT victims of sexual abuse.
Supporting LGBT people and advocating on their behalf.
Supporting LGB political activists.
The Gender Trust (UK)
Supporting trans* people, and raising awareness of trans* issues.
Advocating for LGBT and other marginalised groups in the US.
Lobbies for LGBT rights.
Support group for queer Muslims.
Advocating for LGBTQIA rights worldwide.
Worldwide congress of LGBT Jews.
Provides healthcare and social services to LGBT people in Los Angeles.
Supporting LGB Christians.
The Lesbian and Gay Equality Project (South Africa)
Lobbying for equality for LGBT people, and against homo/transphobia.
Lobbies for LGB rights in the UK and offers counselling and healthcare to LGB people in the north west of England.
Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youthline (Canada)
Helpline for LGBT youth in Toronto.
Helpline for LGBT people across the UK (yeah, I know, the name’s a bit misleading, but still). Also has a database of UK-based resources for LGBT people.
Promoting LGBT rights in Chile.
Campaigning for queer rights, and supporting queer people in the UK.
Queer Youth Network (UK)
Connecting and supporting LGBT youth.
Raising awareness of LGBT people with disabilities.
The Point Foundation (US)
Provides scholarships to LGBT students.
Press for Change (UK)
Offering legal support to trans* people and campaigning for their rights.
Supporting and advocating on behalf of elderly LGBT people.
Supporting queer Muslims.
Supporting and lobbying on behalf of LGB people.
Raising awareness of HIV/AIDS and educating people on sexual health.
Manchester-based, supporting and empowering trans* people.
The Trevor Project (US)
Suicide prevention and LGBT advocacy.
The Triangle Project (South Africa)
Providing services to and working to end discrimination against LGBT people, based in Cape Town.
UK Black Pride (UK)
Supporting LGBT people of colour.
Supporting LGBT immigrants, especially those seeking asylum on the basis of their sexuality or gender identity.
Stonewall UK should be pulled from this list. They are an “gay rights first and only” type organization which has openly stated that they don’t care about transphobia (because “that’s not our issue”), yet at the same time have managed to get the government to consult them on trans rights issues.
The Trevor Project should also be pulled from this list, as they too are basically an organization that caters exclusively to the needs of cis LGB kids and only nominally includes trans kids. Furthermore, the Trevor Project is the brain child of Dan Savage, who is one of the most dangerous gay transmisogynists in America.
The Human Rights Campaign, however, is the ultimate must-be-pulled. HRC is part of the Washington lobbying establishment and works exclusively for the interests of rich white cis gays; they are a bunch of two-faced backstabbers who do very little other than to hold megabucks cocktail parties with the rich and famous, and steal credit for the hard work of smaller local organizations.
- columbines likes this
- beaverbunnydelight likes this
- taleth reblogged this from aimsme
- spockseyebrows reblogged this from lgbtlaughs
- noranyother reblogged this from shutthefuckupstraightpeople
- chickenstahli likes this
- radicalwiggins likes this
- fakebrit reblogged this from shutthefuckupstraightpeople
- ahomoboyzlife likes this
- roideselfes likes this
- psychedelicsnow reblogged this from looz-y
- dotesmite likes this
- lucasmcglub reblogged this from looz-y
- falsereasoning likes this
- kamika-star reblogged this from looz-y
- looz-y reblogged this from shutthefuckupstraightpeople
- looz-y likes this
- youmeandcharity reblogged this from verolpstalker and added:
- skipandrave likes this
- pterodactylawesomepants likes this
- sobbingmathematically likes this
- lazybibliophile likes this
- the42towels reblogged this from thereisnosaintellen
- thereisnosaintellen reblogged this from lgbtlaughs
- annetterfly reblogged this from lgbtlaughs
- manga-nerd likes this
- ilikeallgirls likes this
- whiteaurum likes this
- whiteaurum reblogged this from shutthefuckupstraightpeople
- anradhain reblogged this from raw-noize-slut
- scriptedscreams likes this
- defunctandderelict likes this
- ladydelish0 likes this
- nemophilist-spirit reblogged this from lgbtlaughs
- queenofsecrets2 reblogged this from lgbtlaughs
- knightsofjustice reblogged this from lgbtlaughs
- raenbowpotato reblogged this from fuckyeahsexpositivity
- bewarebradfalchuk reblogged this from raw-noize-slut
- forknowledge reblogged this from frickatoo
- prinxepunx likes this
- themarshlife likes this
- innocencebeliesnothing reblogged this from aimsme
- bowtielesbian likes this
- thewholeme reblogged this from lgbtlaughs
- lluvia-hierbaverde likes this
- keversonian reblogged this from justasweetbisexual
- listsandbits likes this
- justasweetbisexual reblogged this from bicuriousadvice
- freakadee likes this